- About the Authors
Note: The DVD & CD set for this program is temporarily on backorder. Please consider purchasing the streaming video & audio content for this product instead. Streaming is available immediately and at a lower cost. If you order the program with the DVD & CD set, we will still proceed with shipping the rest of your order to you and will ship the DVD & CD set separately once the item is back in stock.
A yearlong course for grades 2-3 Song School Spanish Book 2 continues the engaging introduction to Spanish started in Song School Spanish Book 1. Each weekly lesson is peppered with songs, illustrations, handwriting practice, and activities for easy mastery and memorization. These activities include matching, writing, fill-in-the-blank, and drawing. Students will learn 185 everyday Spanish vocabulary words and phrases for people, places, things, actions, feelings, questions, days of the week, months of the year, the weather, and more. The enclosed CD features professional recordings of all songs taught in the text. As the perfect bridge between Song School Spanish Book 1 and Spanish for Children Primer A, Song School Spanish Book 2 gently and gradually introduces students to Spanish grammar, as well as new vocabulary, amply preparing students to move on to the next step of their Spanish language studies. Full program includes:
- Song School Spanish Book 2 (consumable student edition) This book contains 31 weekly chapters, including review chapters, and a lively musical CD with more than 25 songs/chants (sung by native Spanish speakers) featuring the vocabulary from each chapter—a delightful part of the program that reinforces the Spanish taught in the book. Each weekly lesson is peppered with songs, illustrations, handwriting practice, and activities for easy mastery and memorization. These activities include matching, writing, fill-in-the-blank, and drawing. Students will learn 185 everyday Spanish vocabulary words and phrases for people, places, things, actions, feelings, questions, days of the week, months of the year, the weather, and more.
- Song School Spanish Book 2 Teacher’s Edition This edition contains the full content of the Song School Spanish Book 2 student text, along with answers and teacher's notes and tips. This teacher resource also incorporates brand-new small group activities, designed to help students practice vocabulary and get used to speaking Spanish for a real task, and active games, designed as opportunities to combine language acquisition with gross motor movement. This teacher’s edition is a valuable accompaniment to your student’s Spanish studies!
Song School Spanish Book 2 Streaming Video (or 2-DVD Set) The 24 episodes feature a lively, native Spanish maestra who teaches students with engaging vocabulary, skits, and grammar lessons. Students will continue to enjoy following Ellen in the Little Moments stories. They will also have the opportunity to practice review vocabulary from Song School Spanish Book 1. (Note: There are no full episodes for the review chapters.) The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. Streaming access lasts for the life of the product.
- Rabbit Run (included with streaming video): Run and double-jump to collect the correct Spanish vocabulary translations, all while eating your veggies! Try now.
- Spanish Amigo Match 2 Flashcard Game This reinforcing game features all the vocabulary from Song School Spanish Book 2. In groups or individually, students can play Memory or Go Fish by collecting Spanish and English matches. The deck can also be used as flash cards for extra practice. Each card lists the corresponding chapter number from Song School Spanish Book 2.
Q: Can I purchase a second student edition without the CD for my other students/children? A: Unfortunately, no. Because we print such large quantities of the student edition with the CD included, we would actually have to charge more for a version without a CD if we did a small print run. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrgVpuu9d3k
- A Stable Beginning
- Lextin Eclectic
- The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew
- Jennifer Lambert
- Teach Beside Me
- Ordinary Happily
- Family, Faith & Fridays
- A Learning Journey
- Mason Moments
- My Joy-Filled Life
"My 2nd grader really enjoyed the activities, the worksheets, the songs . . . pretty much everything about this program! There was so much to like about this program. So much is done right!" —Jenni, homeschool mom and blogger
"I really like the Teacher's Edition. It is very easy to use. It has the student book replicated with all of the answers filled in, but also includes directions on how to teach or help your child learn certain words and concepts, and also has extra games and things that you can do with your child to help him learn and remember what is being taught." —Tim, homeschool dad and blogger
"I have a great curriculum to share with you. The girls have been having the best time learning Spanish with Song School Spanish from Classical Academic Press. I think you'll like it too! We love this curriculum, and I was so very happy to discover that the program continues into the older grades, so we can continue with the same company. My girls are having fun with the lessons, and the material is challenging without being too heavy. . . . Satisfied customers right here. :)" —Laurie's School Days
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
Song School Spanish Book 2 Activity Printouts (PDF) This file contains all the printouts that correspond with the Small Group Activities and Active Games mentioned throughout the Song School Spanish Book 2 Teacher’s Edition.
Song School Spanish Book 2 Coloring Pages (PDF) Color a picture for each Spanish word in Song School Spanish Book 2. Also a great activity for younger siblings!
Song School Spanish Book 2 CD Track Info (PDF) This file contains all of the track names and song lengths
Song School Spanish Book 2 Song Lyrics (PDF) This file contains all of the Song School Spanish Book 2 song lyrics.
A lifelong lover of studying language and culture, Julia holds a master’s degree in Spanish language and culture from the Universidad de Salamanca Cursos Internacionales (in Spain), and another in Études du monde anglophone (Anglophone cultural studies) from Aix-Marseille University in France. She also has BAs in international studies, theatre arts, and medieval studies from Pennsylvania State University, where she was a Schreyer Honors Scholar.
After teaching Spanish in a K–8 setting, Julia married a Francophile and moved to France, where she taught English in elementary and middle schools and at the university level, all while continuing to study Spanish and Catalan, a romance language spoken in Andorra and parts of Spain. Out of all the classes she has taken, her favorite involved studying how Spanish evolved from Latin during the Middle Ages. As a researcher, she is particularly interested in how creativity and play affect learning, and in how our understanding of the past is meaningful to us in the present.
Julia is also the author of the Spanish for Children series and the Song School Spanish series. Her children enjoy asking her to sing the “Sit on Your Silla Song” from Song School Spanish Book 1 to all their friends.
Grade Level: Grades 2-3
Course Length: Yearlong
- Song School Spanish Book 2 (Student Edition)
- Song School Spanish Book 2 Teacher's Edition
- Song School Spanish Book 2 Video (streaming or DVD Set)
- Spanish Amigo Match 2 Flashcard Game