- About the author
Chemistry for Accelerated Students is an ideal text for students who love science and aspire to a STEM-oriented college program. This book contains up-to-date chemistry information, beautiful illustrations, and lucid narrative. It also supports Novare's trademark mastery-learning paradigm. This accelerated text is a more intense treatment than our General Chemistry text. This text includes additional chapters on thermochemistry, chemical equilibrium, and a glimpse into organic chemistry. Ample exercises are included in each chapter giving students plenty of opportunities to develop skills. Explanations move along a little faster and go into a little more depth than the grade-level text. Although the mathematics involved in chemistry are generally not advanced, Chemistry for Accelerated Students is recommended for students who are concurrently enrolled in Algebra II. You can choose from our two Chemistry Experiments manuals for either school laboratory use or home-based contexts without access to standard lab fixtures.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that students have a prior course in physics before using this book. It is assumed that important skills and concepts are already grasped before using this text. If you want to use this text but have not had the physics foundation, you can use The Novare Chemistry Supplement to get you up to speed. It is a 25-page primer of fundamental learning that this text takes for granted that students already know.
Full program includes:
- Chemistry for Accelerated Students, 2nd Edition Chemistry for Accelerated Students is an ideal text for students who love science and aspire to enter a STEM-oriented college program. This book contains up-to-date chemistry information, beautiful illustrations, and a lucid narrative. This accelerated text presents a more intense treatment of than the material covered in the General Chemistry text and includes additional chapters on thermochemistry, chemical equilibrium, and a glimpse into organic chemistry.
- Digital Resources for Chemistry for Accelerated Students These documents to help the teacher conduct class include a course overview, quizzes, chapter tests, semester exams, keys, weekly review guides, and more.
- Solutions Manual to Accompany Chemistry for Accelerated Students This book contains fully detailed solutions for all of the computational problems contained in the Chemistry for Accelerated Students, 2nd Edition textbook.
- Chemistry Experiments for High School at Home This student manual is designed to help conduct 18 top-quality chemistry experiments at home or any school where standard lab facilities are not available. Equipment and procedures accommodate limited facilities without losing the essential educational value. This book has low-cost alternatives to expensive equipment and recommendations for procuring small quantities of chemicals.
Optional Resources Available for Purchase
You may wish to purchase the following optional resources to further supplement this course:
- Novare Chemistry Supplement
- The Student Lab Report Handbook, 2nd Edition
- Teaching Science So That Students Learn Science
Chemistry Experiments for High School - for schools with lab facilities
If you need to order the charter school version of this program, please visit this page.
John D. Mays
After receiving his BS in Electrical Engineering from Texas A&M University, John D. Mays worked for 14 years as an electrical engineering and engineering manager in the areas of electrical, control, and telecommunications systems. Drawn toward the field of education, John acquired an MEd in Secondary Education from the University of Houston in 1989, and subsequently completed 36 hours of graduate study in Physics at Texas A&M. Shortly after joining the faculty at Regents School of Austin in 1999, John began work on an MLA at St. Edward's University, which he completed in 2003. John served as Math-Science Department Chair at Regents School for nine years and as Director of the Laser Optics Lab for 10 years. He founded Novare Science & Math in 2009 and is the author of numerous science texts and teacher resources. He now works full time as Director of Science Curriculum for Classical Academic Press.
Grade Level: Grades 9-12
Course Length: Yearlong
SKU: ACCEL CHEM BUNDLE
- Chemistry for Accelerated Students, 2nd Ed.
- Digital Resources for Chemistry for Accelerated Students
- Solutions Manual for Chemistry for Accelerated Students
- Chemistry Experiments for High School at Home