The Home Instructor's Guide will help you to understand the important concepts of the Primary Mathematics (U.S. and 3rd Edition) curriculum and how these concepts fit in with the program as a whole. It will provide suggestions to help you introduce each new concept concretely and use the textbook effectively. It includes additional activities for reinforcement and practice and a suggested weekly schedule.
The guide contains:
- notes to the instructor with some mathematical background for each section in the textbook
- objectives for each chapter
- teaching activities using manipulatives where appropriate
- reinforcement and enrichment activities
- answers and solutions to corresponding textbook pages and learning tasks for the lesson, to be discussed with the student
- answers to the corresponding workbook exercises and solutions to many of the problems.
- Mental math pages
This guide can be used with Primary Mathematics U.S. and 3rd Edition textbooks and workbooks. It cannot be used with Primary Mathematics Standards Edition books.
Students who switch to Primary Mathematics from another curriculum may not have the necessary background to begin at the level corresponding with their grade level without review from earlier levels. We suggest that you use these placement tests to decide where to place students new to Primary Mathematics, or to get an idea of which concepts may have to be reviewed from an earlier level.