Note: These digital resources will be added to your My Library user account upon purchase. The General Biology Program is currently available for preorder only. The textbook and experiment manual are expected to publish in Summer 2020. Upon publication, physical copies of the student text and experiment manual will be shipped. Schools may request a review copy of this text (a pre-publication version) by phone or by filling out our Evaluation Request form. If you need to use this text with a student during the 2019–2020 school year, please inquire by phone.
General Biology is a brilliant new text for high school biology that combines up-to-date science with a Christian worldview and the educational philosophy for which Novare is known. The book starts at the atomic level and progresses to ever larger scales: cells, genes, microorganisms, plants, animals, and human organ systems. The final chapters survey ecology and the theory of evolution. Read our FAQ to learn more about how we approach the subject of evolution.
Full program includes:
- General Biology Like all Novare texts, mastery-based learning methods are an essential part of this book, propelling students not only to learn but to substantially retain the content for years after completing the course. Additional standard Novare features include Learning Objectives at the beginning of every chapter, exercises that call for both clear articulation of thoughts and full-sentence answers, and an organization of topics that steadily builds chapter by chapter.
- Digital Resources for General Biology These documents to help the teacher conduct class include a course overview, quizzes, semester exams, keys, weekly review guides, and more.
- Experiments for General Biology This resource contains the complete teacher’s instructions for conducting 11 lab experiments for General Biology designed to teach proper laboratory skills and methods, illustrate concepts in biology, and stimulate students with interesting scientific activity. Each chapter typically includes a list of Learning Objectives, Materials List, Experimental Purpose, Scientific Overview, Pre-Lab Discussion Points, Student Instructions, any Safety Concerns, and discussion of the use of any special apparatus.
Optional Resources Available for Purchase
You may wish to purchase the following optional resources to further supplement this course:
Grade Level: Grades 9-12
Course Length: Yearlong
SKU: GEN BIO BUNDLE
- General Biology
- Digital Resources for General Biology
- Experiments for General Biology