Latin for Children Primer A DVD & Chant CD Set Samples
Latin for Children Primer A DVD & CD Set, which contains 3 DVDs and 2 chant CDs, offers chapter-by-chapter teaching by author Dr. Christopher Perrin along with two students. Clear, whiteboard grammar lessons are given from his cozy office, and the memory page is chanted, complete with motions and songs/chants led by students, in front of a big stone fireplace. Each lesson is an average of 15 minutes and corresponds to the weekly chapter in Latin for Children Primer A. It features the chanting and singing of vocabulary, including noun declensions and verb conjugations, and clear grammatical explanations. The text from the book appears on the screen as the material is presented, making it easy to follow along aurally and visually. The audio CDs capture Dr. Perrin and his students pronouncing and rhythmically repeating each grammar chart and vocabulary word in Latin for Children Primer A—first the Latin, then the English equivalent. Each CD contains all 240 vocabulary words chanted and sung with a choice of classical or ecclesiastical pronunciation. This is an incredible tool to use for fun memorization. Take it wherever you go!
The Latin for Children Primer A DVD is also great tool for the classroom! It can be used as:
- A helpful resource for Latin teachers to prepare for a lesson
- A substitute teacher when the regular teacher is away
- A helpful resource for a student catch up on a missed lesson
- A helpful resource for a student to maintain skills or catch up to the class over the summer
- An addition to a summer school course
- A library item helpful to the struggling Latin student or the curious parent
The Latin for Children Primer A DVD & Chant CD Set teaches both classical and ecclesiastical pronunciation. Choose the best for your classroom or family.
Designed, revised, and continually sharpened since 2001, the award-winning Latin for Children curriculum continues to be a strong, inviting, and creative program designed to introduce students as young as fourth graders to Latin. It incorporates elements that will engage students of every learning style. As a step beyond just an exposure to the language, when used as a whole, this series trains students in grammar, vocabulary, and English derivatives in a lively, interactive way that is perfectly suited to students in the grammar stage. The Latin for Children series is taught directly to the child and is a perfect choice for teachers and parents, including those who will be learning along with their students.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and product resources.
Grade Level: Grades 4-7
Course Length: Yearlong (to be used alongside Latin for Children Primer A)
- 3 Teaching DVDs (8 hours total) with chapter-by-chapter training for 32 chapters (average 15 min each)
- 2 Audio CDs with complete grammar and vocabulary chants in both classical & ecclesiastical pronunciations