What Is Headventure Land?
Headventure Land: Welcome to our premier classical education practice site. As students are learning Latin, logic, and other classical subjects, they often don’t get enough opportunities outside the classroom to put their skills to use. With a creative, engaging environment such as Headventure Land, we believe that students will enjoy practicing and strengthening their skills without the need for prompting. To ensure that environment, we have designed Headventure Land with the following features:
- Weekly Structure: All content is presented so that students can easily find what activities relate to the lessons they have completed. Students are encouraged to progress through the content in order, demonstrating their understanding in one chapter before moving to the next.
- Locked Content: Students must complete a chapter’s vocabulary, grammar, and derivative activities before they can access specific activities, such as crossword puzzles or Vocab Invasion. This ensures that students have a balanced understanding of the entire subject being practiced while also providing motivation as they progress.
- Scores & Grades: Students and parents can reference scores and grades to gauge the students’ understanding in key areas for a subject, including vocab and grammar skills.
- Multiple student discounts available! For classroom/co-op teacher subscriptions to view a group of student grades and accounts, contact us at 717.730.0711
- Weekly Activities: 32 weeks of activities, specially designed to complement the chapters of the Latin for Children program.
- 480 Vocab Questions: Students are quizzed on each vocab word. The activities include 240 fun picture questions that help students visualize each and every vocab word.
- 240 Grammar Questions
- 240 Derivative Questions
- Crossword Puzzles: All 240 vocab words featured. Students can play again and again with randomly generated puzzles.
- Hidden Pictures: Students must answer vocabulary questions to reveal the picture and answer the riddle.
- Vocab Invasion: Students must spell out the correct vocab words or face defeat in this re-themed hangman game.
- Vive Classica Special Activities: A special, weekly storyline activity that draws students into special “top secret” missions involving cracking codes and solving puzzles.
- Decoder Activities: Students must crack the secret codes, translate the vocab, and figure out the final message.
- Lap Books (Master Plan): Downloadable PDF activities for students to print, cut out, and assemble into lap books. And what’s this? Is there a secret message to crack also?
- Badges, Certificates: Rewards for students as they progress through the year.
- Online Games: Games like Flash Dash, Chart Challenge, and Octavian, help students practice their vocab, endings, conjugation charts, and more.
- Advanced Readers: Short language stories students translate into English as they follow along.
- Tale of Two Princess Videos: A charming adventure narrative featuring Latin words and phrases in the context of a story.
- Misc. Videos: More fun videos for students to watch and enjoy as they use their language skills.
Headventure Land Lite
As we work to expand the site, many of the zones are presently available in a lite version only, which features free games, videos, worksheets, and other resources. In the future, we hope to create fully featured zones for all of our most popular subjects and courses.