A yearlong course for students in grades 5-7
NEW 2018 REVISED EDITION!
Don't stop now! Latin for Children Primer B Program, the second book in the award-winning Latin for Children series, is just as engaging, incremental, and creative as Latin for Children Primer A Program. In Latin for Children Primer B (Student Edition), students will learn new grammar concepts, Latin numbers, and much new vocabulary. Exercises, tests, and a useful reference section are also included. Lessons include a plethora of mnemonic aids (songs, chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight.
What's in the New Revised Edition?
Latin for Children Primer B, now printed in full color, has been enhanced with beautiful illustrations as well as images and paintings from medieval European culture. A medieval adventure story, Seeking Donum, has also been added. Students will continue to follow Marcus and Julia—this time as they try to escape from a sinking ship and make their way back home to safety through an unknown land full of dangers and surprises. The chapter-by-chapter Latin grammar sequence remains the same as previous versions. Students will love studying Latin even more as they use this newly revised and improved edition.
- Workbook format, 32 chapters (proposed teaching timeline: 1 chapter a week), perfect-bound book
- Clear explanations of grammar in every chapter, written directly to the student
- Weekly worksheets and quizzes included
- Students learn 240 high-frequency Latin words
- Classical and/or ecclesiastical pronunciation
- Professional, classical layout and design
- Widely used Latin series among classical schools, charter schools, homeschools & co-ops
- Yearly revision of each text based on critical feedback of our customers
- Primers B & C are a succession upon the previous book. They are intended to be taught sequentially beginning with Primer A (target grade: 4th), one book per school year.
Note: The old editions of the primer and answer key are not compatible with this newly revised edition (though the grammar is taught in the same sequence).
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and the many free resources available.
Designed, revised, and continually sharpened since 2001, the award-winning Latin for Children curriculum continues to be a strong, inviting, and creative program designed to introduce students as young as fourth graders to Latin. It incorporates elements that will engage students of every learning style. As a step beyond just an exposure to the language, when used as a whole, this series trains students in grammar, vocabulary, and English derivatives in a lively, interactive way that is perfectly suited to students in the grammar stage. The Latin for Children series is taught directly to the child and is a perfect choice for teachers and parents, including those who will be learning along with their students.
This is a consumable item. For more information on this product's copyright, please refer to our General FAQ section here.
Dimensions: 5.5in x 8.5in
Christopher Perrin MDiv, PhD, Author
Aaron G. Larsen DA, Author