A yearlong course for students in grades 1-2 This engaging, simple, and fun video (choose between streaming format or 3-DVD set) follows the lessons in Song School Latin Book 1. Each of the 24 episodes (one for every non-review chapter) features a lively magistra and magister who narrate the vocabulary practice, simple grammar lessons, and derivative training. Simeon the Monkey makes appearances in each episode, delighting students with his animated story, which features numerous vocabulary words. There is also an animated "Derivative River” that highlights the way in which Latin words have come into various languages, including English, Spanish, and French. We’re sure this video will be the highlight of your Latin week. Your students will be recounting the stories and words they learn from their digital friends and asking for repeat performances. Give them the opportunity to learn from other teachers and to use the intelligence of their eyes and ears. The multi-modal approach of this video promises to delight and inform young students and set them on a course to loving Latin. The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. For Homeschoolers, streaming access lasts for the life of the product. Returning school customers continue receiving streaming access at no annual cost when student editions are purchased by October 31st.
- 24 episodes, following the book chapter by chapter
- classical and ecclesiastical pronunciations
- teaching in vocabulary, simple grammar, and derivatives
- My Pet Monkey bilingual story animation
- each episode approximately 10 minutes
Streaming video purchase includes games, videos, and other activities that will keep students engaged and will help further reinforce their new Latin skills.
Streaming supplemental content includes:
- Flash Dash (Game): This fast-paced game will challenge students’ knowledge of vocabulary as they progress through the book, unit by unit.
- Jungle Jump (Game): Jungle Jump is another fun way to practice the Song School Latin 1 vocabulary. Play as Simeon and jump your way through the jungles collecting the correct translation to the Latin words!
- Jungle Journey Board Game (PDF Game): Print your own game and play it with the family! A seven-board game that allows for traditional table-top play. Various rule-sets allows for different age groups to play at the same time.
- Coloring Pages & Lapbooks: Print-outs for every vocabulary word allowing for coloring-fun all while practicing your Latin!
- More Videos: Additional animated stories featuring the vocabulary words from the Song School Latin curriculum.
Access available through My Library.
Dimensions: 5.5in x 5in
Christopher Perrin MDiv, PhD, Author
Amy Rehn (Gosnell), Author