A yearlong course for students in grades 4-6
The Bible tells us God’s story. It has many parts, but from beginning to end, it is one story with a promise throughout: “I will be your God, and you will be My people.” Through this story, we learn who God is, who mankind is, how the world came to be, and how God worked through history to bring redemption to His people. The God’s Great Covenant series will narrate this story for your student in an engaging and unique way.
The four Gospels reveal that Jesus is the Messiah and King, God’s Servant, the Son of God, and the Son of Man. The book of Acts, written by Luke, shows us that the ministry of Jesus Christ has continued and even grown after His resurrection and His ascension into heaven. God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2: Acts presents this adventure as the mission of the Church given by Jesus, guided by the Holy Spirit, and directed by the “map” of God’s Word. As the Gospels continue, students will see that the early Church had to face internal and external enemies and to be properly equipped to spread the gospel. Students will find the book of Acts an ancient adventure that continues today and can be embodied in their own lives.
Full program includes:
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2 (consumable student edition) This book contains 32 weekly chapters divided into 5 themed units. Each week students will encounter the story of that week’s Bible verses, presented at a clear, elementary reading level. Every chapter contains a memory page that includes a Bible verse, key facts chart, and a segment titled “The Old Testament in the New Testament Revealed,” which encourages students and parents to discuss crossovers from Old Testament scriptures. “Unpack It Further” sections prompt students to think critically about the lesson and answer thought-provoking questions. Unit reviews contain a memory passage worksheet, a devotional guide, and a fun Truth Detectives dialogue.
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2 Teacher’s Edition The teacher’s book contains all of the student edition content, as well as answer keys for the worksheets and quizzes. The teacher’s edition also incorporates additional facts and information to expand on the historical, geographical, cultural, and theological concepts introduced in the student edition.
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2 Audio Files Students can listen to and experience the story of God’s work through the Bible, learning how He leads and cares for His people. This audio file contains the readings featured in the God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2 text, engagingly read by Dr. Christopher Perrin. The downloadable audio files are in MP3 format so you can take them anywhere you go!
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and product resources.
Claire Larsen, MA
Claire Larsen has had a passion for writing for children ever since she took her first Institute for Children’s Literature course over twenty years ago. One of her assignments was published in Jack and Jill magazine. Claire graduated from Covenant College (Class of 1970), where Professor Dr. John M.L. Young was instrumental in shaping her theological views and encouraging her interest in studying the Scriptures. Through the years she has had a busy teaching ministry, first with children and later with women, leading Bible studies and speaking at seminars.
After raising three sons, Claire returned to school in 1996. She received a master of arts from Biblical Theological Seminary in 2000 and is self-employed as a biblical counselor. When she is not writing or counseling, she is spending time with her family or reading books. Claire most enjoys visiting her grandchildren, Lauren, Lyla, and Christian, and reading books with them.
Grade Level: Grades 4-6
Course Length: Yearlong
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2: Acts
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2 Teacher’s Edition
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2 Audio Files