A yearlong course for students in grades 3-6
The Bible tells us God’s story. It has many parts, but from beginning to end, it is one story with a promise throughout: “I will be your God, and you will be My people.” Through this story, we learn who God is, who mankind is, how the world came to be, and how God worked through history to bring redemption to His people. The God’s Great Covenant series will narrate this story for your student in an engaging and unique way.
God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2: A Bible Course for Children continues to follow the journey of God’s people as they become the nation of Israel. By chronologically studying the second half of the Old Testament from Samuel to Malachi, students will see how the God of Israel keeps and renews His covenant with His people. Students will also learn the ways in which the Old Testament forecasts the coming kingdom of Jesus Christ in the New Testament. The text studies various prophets in their contexts, so their lives and words can be understood in relation to their own times as well as times to come.
Full program includes:
- God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 (consumable student edition) The student edition has 32 weekly chapters divided into 5 themed units. Each chapter includes the story of that week’s Bible verses, presented at a clear, elementary reading level, and a memory page with a Bible verse, key facts chart, and vocabulary. A thought-provoking “Who is God?” question encourages students to consider how to relate to God in their own lives. There are also worksheets and a quiz to accompany each lesson.
- God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 Teacher’s Edition This edition contains all of the student edition content, as well as providing answer keys for the worksheets and quizzes. The teacher’s edition also incorporates additional factual information to expand upon the historical, geographical, cultural, and theological concepts introduced in the student edition.
- God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 Audio Files Students can listen to and experience the story of God’s work through the Bible, learning how He leads and cares for His people. This audio file contains the readings featured in the God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 text, engagingly read by Dr. Christopher Perrin. The downloadable audio files are in MP3 format so you can take them anywhere you go!
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations.
Claire Larsen, MA
Claire Larsen has had a passion for writing for children ever since she took her first Institute for Children’s Literature course over twenty years ago. One of her assignments was published in Jack and Jill magazine. Claire graduated from Covenant College (Class of 1970), where Professor Dr. John M.L. Young was instrumental in shaping her theological views and encouraging her interest in studying the Scriptures. Through the years she has had a busy teaching ministry, first with children and later with women, leading Bible studies and speaking at seminars.
After raising three sons, Claire returned to school in 1996. She received a master of arts from Biblical Theological Seminary in 2000 and is self-employed as a biblical counselor. When she is not writing or counseling, she is spending time with her family or reading books. Claire most enjoys visiting her grandchildren, Lauren, Lyla, and Christian, and reading books with them.
Grade Level: Grades 3-6
Course Length: Yearlong
- God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 (Student Edition)
- God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 Teacher’s Edition
- God’s Great Covenant Old Testament 2 Audio Files