The Spanish for Children Primer A Program teaches upper-elementary students this dynamic language using the pedagogy and structure of our popular Latin for Children series combined with immersion-style dialogues and vocabulary. The Spanish for Children series emphasizes grammar and the parts of speech as vital tools for the correct speaking and understanding of Spanish. The texts also use lively chants to aid memorization of both grammar and vocabulary.
Full program includes:
- Spanish for Children Primer A (student edition) This book contains 37 weekly chapters, including 8 review chapters. Each chapter contains a memory page, a grammar page, a fun worksheet, and a quiz. Students will learn over 290 commonly used vocabulary words. The engaging and conversational text explains grammar concepts such as verb conjugation, tenses, and noun genders and helps teach students to construct Spanish sentences well. All teaching and explanation provided in the student edition is written at the student’s reading level.
- Spanish for Children Primer A Answer Key This teacher’s tool contains copies of the actual worksheets and quizzes from Spanish for Children Primer A with answers filled in with a large, bold font.
- Spanish for Children Primer A DVD & Chant CD Set Using the Spanish for Children Primer A DVD & Chant CD Set is like having an experienced, energetic, and passionate Spanish teacher sit down and teach your students! Each 15-minute lesson corresponds to the weekly chapter in Spanish for Children Primer A and features author Julia Kraut chanting the grammar charts and vocabulary and thoroughly explaining the Spanish grammar. The audio chant CD (take it anywhere you go!) includes the grammar chart chants and complete vocabulary. The set includes 4 DVDs and 1 CD.
- Tin Bot Presented primarily in English, this story intermixes common Spanish words into each sentence. Students will help solve the mysterious case of the dognapped canine in this fun story about a bilingual robot private eye. This 64-page reader is tied with the vocabulary from Spanish for Children Primer A. Spanish doesn’t have to be dry and boring, and it will certainly come alive in Tin Bot!
A special note from Spanish for Children author Julia Kraut:
Our goal with the Spanish for Children series is to teach students “why.” We focus on the rules that govern the language and spend a large amount of time comparing Spanish and English grammar. In many ways, this series doesn’t teach just Spanish—it teaches how to go about learning a language in general. This is different from the “scenario-focused” approach of many other textbooks, where students learn vocabulary that relates to specific subjects and then learn to discuss those subjects. While students using SFC do memorize vocabulary each week, using groups of related words to talk about various subjects and scenarios is “the icing on the cake”—the “cake” being an understanding of the patterns of the Spanish language, and knowing which word belongs where and why.
HeadventureLand.com is the place to go for interactive, fun, and sometimes downright silly ways to practice Spanish. Students will play games, read stories, and watch videos, all tied to the vocabulary and grammar of Spanish for Children Primer A! We believe learning can be a great joy, and we want your students to feel that way, too. This site encourages students to play, practice, and hone their skills. Children will look forward to their Spanish practice!
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
Spanish for Children Primer A Flash Cards (PDF) These flash cards are keyed to the vocabulary learned in Primer A. Decks are split into two different decks (Spanish and English) so that you can print them separately or on the backs of each other (single sided or double sided). Spanish Flash Cards – English Flash Cards
Grade Level: Grades 3-4 and up
Course Length: Yearlong
- Spanish for Children Primer A (Student Edition)
- Spanish for Children Primer A Answer Key
- Spanish for Children Primer A DVD & Chant CD Set
- Tin Bot (Spanish language reader)