Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II Program Samples
In the award-winning Writing & Rhetoric series, author Paul Kortepeter has thoughtfully and creatively recovered the proven method of the progymnasmata, a step-by-step apprenticeship in the art of writing and rhetoric. Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II (Student Edition) is the third title in this 12-book series.
Full program includes:
- Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II Student Edition This book exposes students to new genres of story, including historical narrative and legend. It includes a variety of culturally important examples. All of the skills practiced in Narrative I are extended and new skill sets are introduced, including identifying the difference between fact and opinion and learning to ask the five W’s of a historical narrative: who, what, when, where, why. Lessons include:
- How to define and identify types of narrative
- How to outline stories
- How to get a story off the ground
- How the protagonist and antagonist develop the central story conflict
- How to discern the difference between fact and opinion in historical narrative and legend
- How to identify the five W’s of an historical narrative—who, what, when, where, why
- How to summarize a longer narrative in writing
- Rewriting: what happens when you change the point of view and the protagonist
- How to apply storytelling skills
- Elocution skills and oration
- Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II Teacher’s Edition This teacher’s edition includes the complete student text, as well as answer keys, teacher’s notes, and explanations. For every writing assignment, this edition also supplies descriptions and examples of what excellent student writing should look like, providing the teacher with meaningful and concrete guidance.
- Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II Audio Files These audio files allow students to engage their sense of hearing and their listening intelligence as Dr. Christopher Perrin, along with the Writing and Rhetoric series editor, Christine Perrin, deliver the historical narratives, myths, and legends aloud in a thoughtful manner.
See the above Support tab for suggested schedule and product support.
Grade Level: Grades 4-5
Course Length: Semester
- Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II (Student Edition)
- Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II Teacher’s Edition
- Writing & Rhetoric Book 3: Narrative II MP3 Audio Files