The Complete Solutions and Answers for General Chemistry included with the General Chemistry Program is temporarily on backorder. Copies ordered will ship separately as soon as it is available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
General Chemistry uses a mastery-learning method. In this method, students build comprehension by adding new concepts while reviewing and rehearsing key material throughout the year. This method is implemented in carefully crafted
exercises, quizzes, and the textbook narrative, and it facilitates learning, mastery and retention.
Students appreciate the smaller profile and lighter weight of our books. This is possible because of aspects of our Textbook Philosophy. When mastery is the goal, you must cull down the material to an amount that can reasonably be mastered in one year.
Related subjects are integrated into the narrative. The history of modern chemistry, mathematics and technical communication is emphasized throughout. Integration protects a course from seeming compartmentalized from other subjects. That’s certainly not how the real world is. Real chemists use math and writing skills every day. Their knowledge about how the scientific enterprise works is greatly enhanced by their knowledge of great scientists who came before.
Our approach to implementing a Kingdom Perspective does not entail unnaturally inserting Bible verses or devotional insets. A better approach for Christians is to do science from the faith-informed perspective of disciples of Christ studying God’s created order. This is apparent in General Chemistry from the observations about order in the universe, in how nature submits to scientific study and modeling, and in the fitness of creation as a habitat for humanity and animal life.
Full program includes:
- General Chemistry This text brings high school students into the real world of chemistry and laboratory experiments using a mastery learning method implemented through carefully crafted exercises and quizzes and a fresh, lucid narrative. The history of modern chemistry, mathematics and technical communication is emphasized throughout.
- Digital Resources for General Chemistry These documents to help the teacher conduct class include a course overview, quizzes, chapter tests, semester exams, computational answer keys, and more.
- Complete Solutions and Answers for General Chemistry This book is a combination of the answer keys from the Digital Resources for General Chemistry, the back of the book (both verbal and calculation), and the Solutions Manual. It includes all answers to chapter exercises, quizzes, tests, and semester exams, as well as the worked-out solutions to all calculations, and is therefore intended for use by teachers, graders, and homeschoolers. It is not intended for student use. You may still want to purchase a copy of the Solutions Manual for General Chemistry for students to use without giving them the answer keys.
- Chemistry Experiments for High School at Home is a student manual designed to help conduct 18 top-quality chemistry experiments at home or any school where standard lab facilities are not available. Equipment and procedures accommodate limited facilities without losing the essential educational value. This book has low-cost alternatives to expensive equipment and recommendations for procuring small quantities of chemicals.
Optional Resources Available for Purchase
You may wish to purchase the following optional resources to further supplement this course:
- Solutions Manual for General Chemistry
- The Student Lab Report Handbook, 2nd Edition
- Teaching Science So That Students Learn Science
- Chemistry Experiments for High School
If you need to order the charter school version of this program, please visit this page.
Grade Level: Grades 9-12
Course Length: Yearlong
SKU: GEN CHEM BUNDLE
- General Chemistry, Second Edition
- Digital Resources for General Chemistry
- Complete Solutions and Answers for General Chemistry
- Chemistry Experiments for High School at Home