God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Program
A yearlong course for students in grades 4-6
The Bible tells us God’s story. It has many parts, but from beginning to end, it is one story with a promise throughout: “I will be your God, and you will be My people.” Through this story, we learn who God is, who mankind is, how the world came to be, and how God worked through history to bring redemption to His people. The God’s Great Covenant series will narrate this story for your student in an engaging and unique way.
In God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1: The Gospels, students follow the story of Jesus, the Messiah and King, as He is born and fulfills all of God’s promises. Each of the four units in this text emphasizes one of the names of Jesus: the Son of Man, God’s Servant, the Messiah, and the Son of God. This book is a comprehensive and heartfelt study of the Gospels, and parents and teachers will find themselves learning along with their students.
Full program includes:
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 (consumable student edition) The student edition contains 36 weekly chapters divided into 4 themed units. Each chapter includes the story of that week’s Bible verses, presented at a clear, elementary reading level, and a memory page with a Bible verse, key facts chart, and vocabulary. A “Fulfillment of Prophecy” section encourages students and teachers to discuss prophecies fulfilled in the Old Testament in relation to the particular passage being taught that week, while a thought-provoking “Think About It” question asks students to consider how to relate to God in their own lives. Worksheets and a weekly quiz are provided to ensure mastery. Extensive introductions cover the historical, cultural, and geographical setting of the ancient world. Unit reviews contain a memory verse worksheet, a devotional guide, and a fun short story of life in the New Testament world.
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Teacher’s Edition This edition contains all of the student book’s content, as well as answer keys for the worksheets and quizzes. In addition, the teacher’s edition incorporates additional facts and information to expand upon the historical, geographical, cultural, and theological concepts introduced in the student edition.
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Audio Files Students can listen to and experience the story of God’s work through the Bible, learning how He leads and cares for His people. This audio file contains the readings featured in the God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 text, engagingly read by Christopher Perrin. The downloadable audio files are in MP3 format so you can take them anywhere you go!
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament Timeline & Map Set This colorful poster set includes an interactive timeline of the events of the New Testament, as well as key historical events occurring in the world during the same time periods. The 16 maps integrate the history and geography of the New Testament, depicting the cities of Galilee and Palestine; the Roman Empire and its provinces; Christ’s travels outside of Galilee; the missionary journeys of Paul, Peter, and Philip; and much more. The set corresponds with both God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 and God’s Great Covenant New Testament 2.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations.
God’s Great Covenant Old Testament
- Double O Farms
- Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum
- His Mercy is New
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
- We Don’t Need No Education
- Our Journey Westward
- Exodus Books
- Lextin Eclectic
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Review Crew
- Special Connection Homeschool
- There’s More 2 Les
- Life with My Giggly Girls
- Mom of Many . . .
God’s Great Covenant New Testament
- Accidentally Homeschooling . . . and Beyond
- Exodus Books
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Review Crew
- Life with the Tribe
- The Loose Screw
- My (re)Viewpoint
- The Fruit of Her Hands
- Moms Who Homeschool
- Our Homeschool Reviews
- Greyhaired Momma
- A Stable Beginning
- This Day Has Great Potential
- Logistically Large
- Shut the Fridge
- The Happy Homeschool Mom
- My Blessed Life
“My 8-year-old son loves God’s Great Covenant. It is very clear and well-written, and he enjoys all the activities and puzzles. He is retaining so much more than I expected. I love how the curriculum includes Hebrew and Greek words and English derivations.” —Julie, homeschool mom
“If I were to give a one-word review of God’s Great Covenant, it would simply be W-O-W!! I absolutely love this curriculum! And my 6th grader absolutely loves it, too. It’s good stuff. Strike that; it’s fantastic stuff.” —Jan, homeschool mom
“I have been using your Bible curriculum now for three years and have been recommending it to everyone I know. I appreciate the sound Bible teaching, the thorough and careful research, the avoidance of getting involved in controversial minor issues . . . and the excellent customer support!” —Rosalind, homeschool mom
“I love this curriculum, and I especially like the Teacher’s Guide. It has great information, making this an even more full and rich curriculum.” —Mary, Winecup Christian Academy
“We were so fascinated by the history and the maps found in the introduction that we spent several days on that alone! We found the history and the concise manner in which the facts were presented to be just right. The presentation is spot-on.” —Lisa, TOS Review Crew
“The extra notes in the margin of the teacher’s guide are amazing! [My student] loves the story time, and has a tendency to memorize everything she hears—so the audio recordings are perfect.” —Amy, homeschool mom
“What I liked about the text is that it is history, religion, and even a little philosophy all in one. The story-like context held our attention and created interest to keep learning.” —Jessica, TOS Review Crew
“Truly, this couldn’t be any easier to use—all the work has been done, and besides a Bible, no other materials are required. If you proceed at a tailored pace while working according to your child’s capabilities, you’ll see this workbook is compatible with a wide range of skills and learning styles, making it suitable for multi-grade teaching.” —Kathy, Homeschoolbuzz.com
“We also absolutely love the MP3 audio book. . . . I appreciate how Classical Academic Press fully equips the teacher via the Teacher’s Edition notes to teach this course with greater understanding of the Bible. You can tell that they did their homework when writing this Bible course.” —Linda, homeschool mom
“I appreciate the emphasis of Old Testament prophecy fulfilled that is the focus of God’s Great Covenant. I feel it will give my students a deeper appreciation and knowledge of how the New Testament builds upon the Old Testament and God’s perfect plan for salvation.” —Briana, TOS Review Crew
“We have really enjoyed using this book! I decided to use this book for our family devotions rather than as a workbook for one student. It is written from a covenantal and reformed theological perspective. I am a conservative, fundamental Baptist and haven’t found anything I would disagree with.” —Karen, homeschool mom of ten
“We really loved this curriculum! My kids would ask to do more of it on days we weren’t using it. Yes, you should check out this Bible curriculum. You won’t be sorry you did . . . or should I say you will be thanking me when you have found a great Bible curriculum.” —Sacha, blogger and high school mom
“I thought the layout of this course was well done. I like the scriptural accuracy. [My son] enjoyed the discussions, and by seeing the information on a page, it turned an abstract concept more concrete for him. Now I am not saying that will happen with all children on the autism spectrum, but it seemed to help him.” —Mrs. K, homeschool mother
“Thank you for producing a user-friendly, doctrinally correct Bible curriculum that also speaks to the hearts of children. I appreciate how your curriculum covers the facts, yet makes those facts relevant and easily available for application. It is so important for children to see that the OT isn’t just a dry history book! Your illustrations are also a favorite of my boys. They are continually remarking on one illustration or another, about how ‘cool’ they are.” —Paige, homeschool mom
“My boys love the pictures in your Bible study books, so they will definitely like your timeline. Bright, clear, and easy to read. . . . We continually review our OT. Thanks!” —Paige, homeschool mom
“The content and structure of this curriculum is designed so well that this sense of story comes through on each page.” —Mary Ann, homeschool mom
“Your Old and New Testament [workbooks] are the finest Bible curriculum I have seen.” —Wendy, homeschool mom
Claire Larsen has had a passion for writing for children ever since she took her first Institute for Children’s Literature course over twenty years ago. One of her assignments was published in Jack and Jill magazine. Claire graduated from Covenant College (Class of 1970), where Professor Dr. John M.L. Young was instrumental in shaping her theological views and encouraging her interest in studying the Scriptures. Through the years she has had a busy teaching ministry, first with children and later with women, leading Bible studies and speaking at seminars.
After raising three sons, Claire returned to school in 1996. She received a master of arts from Biblical Theological Seminary in 2000 and is self-employed as a biblical counselor. When she is not writing or counseling, she is spending time with her family or reading books. Claire most enjoys visiting her grandchildren, Lauren, Lyla, and Christian, and reading books with them.
Grade Level: Grades 4-6
Course Length: Yearlong
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1: The Gospels
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Teacher’s Edition
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Audio Files
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament Timeline & Map Set