A yearlong course for students in grades 4-6
The Bible tells us God’s story. It has many parts, but from beginning to end, it is one story with a promise throughout: “I will be your God, and you will be My people.” Through this story, we learn who God is, who mankind is, how the world came to be, and how God worked through history to bring redemption to His people. The God’s Great Covenant series will narrate this story for your student in an engaging and unique way.
In God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1: The Gospels, students follow the story of Jesus, the Messiah and King, as He is born and fulfills all of God’s promises. Each of the four units in this text emphasizes one of the names of Jesus: the Son of Man, God’s Servant, the Messiah, and the Son of God. This book is a comprehensive and heartfelt study of the Gospels, and parents and teachers will find themselves learning along with their students.
Full program includes:
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 (consumable student edition) The student edition contains 36 weekly chapters divided into 4 themed units. Each chapter includes the story of that week’s Bible verses, presented at a clear, elementary reading level, and a memory page with a Bible verse, key facts chart, and vocabulary. A “Fulfillment of Prophecy” section encourages students and teachers to discuss prophecies fulfilled in the Old Testament in relation to the particular passage being taught that week, while a thought-provoking “Think About It” question asks students to consider how to relate to God in their own lives. Worksheets and a weekly quiz are provided to ensure mastery. Extensive introductions cover the historical, cultural, and geographical setting of the ancient world. Unit reviews contain a memory verse worksheet, a devotional guide, and a fun short story of life in the New Testament world.
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Teacher’s Edition This edition contains all of the student book’s content, as well as answer keys for the worksheets and quizzes. In addition, the teacher’s edition incorporates additional facts and information to expand upon the historical, geographical, cultural, and theological concepts introduced in the student edition.
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Audio Files Students can listen to and experience the story of God’s work through the Bible, learning how He leads and cares for His people. This audio file contains the readings featured in the God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 text, engagingly read by Christopher Perrin. The downloadable audio files are in MP3 format so you can take them anywhere you go!
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations.
Claire Larsen, MA
Claire Larsen has had a passion for writing for children ever since she took her first Institute for Children’s Literature course over twenty years ago. One of her assignments was published in Jack and Jill magazine. Claire graduated from Covenant College (Class of 1970), where Professor Dr. John M.L. Young was instrumental in shaping her theological views and encouraging her interest in studying the Scriptures. Through the years she has had a busy teaching ministry, first with children and later with women, leading Bible studies and speaking at seminars.
After raising three sons, Claire returned to school in 1996. She received a master of arts from Biblical Theological Seminary in 2000 and is self-employed as a biblical counselor. When she is not writing or counseling, she is spending time with her family or reading books. Claire most enjoys visiting her grandchildren, Lauren, Lyla, and Christian, and reading books with them.
Grade Level: Grades 4-6
Course Length: Yearlong
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1: The Gospels
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Teacher’s Edition
- God’s Great Covenant New Testament 1 Audio Files