A yearlong course for grades 1-3
Now there is a Spanish program suited to the energy, developmental level, and fun-loving nature of your early-elementary (1st-3rd grade) students! Song School Spanish is patterned after our best-selling Song School Latin curriculum and features weekly lessons peppered with songs/chants, enjoyable vocabulary, illustrations, handwriting practice, stories, games, and activities. A small amount of grammar is introduced mildly throughout the book, with the focus on relevant, everyday vocabulary to engage young students. Students who learn from Song School Spanish will love learning Spanish and will be more than prepared to continue their studies with the Spanish for Children series.
Full program includes:
- Song School Spanish (Student Edition) This book contains 30 weekly chapters, including review chapters, and a lively musical CD with 42 songs/chants featuring the vocabulary from each chapter—a delightful part of the program that reinforces the Spanish taught in the book. The chapters are in a captivating and creative workbook format with illustrations, handwriting practice, stories, games, and activities. Your students will learn over 100 enjoyable, everyday vocabulary words and receive a very gentle introduction to Spanish grammar.
- Song School Spanish Teacher’s Edition This edition contains the full content of the Song School Spanish student book, and also provides an answer key, additional teacher’s notes, and fun ideas for interactive classroom activities. The latter portion of the book consists of extra activity pages and worksheets for each chapter, including the review chapters.
- Song School Spanish DVD Set The 24 episodes feature a lively, native Spanish maestra who teaches students with engaging vocabulary, skits, and grammar lessons. Students will also enjoy following Ellen in the Little Moments stories. (Note: There are no episodes for the review chapters.)
- Spanish Amigo Match Flashcard Game This reinforcing game features all the vocabulary from Song School Spanish. In groups or individually, students can play Memory or Go Fish by collecting Spanish and English matches. The cards can also be used as flash cards for extra practice. Each card lists the corresponding chapter number from Song School Spanish.
Also be sure to check out HeadventureLand.com. This is the place to go for exciting, fun, and sometimes downright silly ways to practice Spanish. Students will play games for high scores, read funny stories, and watch exciting video adventures! We believe that learning can be a great joy and we want your students to feel that way, too. This site encourages students to play, practice, and hone their skills. Children will look forward to their Spanish practice!
Grade Level: Grades 1-3
Course Length: Yearlong
- Song School Spanish (Student Edition)
- Song School Spanish Teacher’s Edition
- Song School Spanish DVD Set
- Spanish Amigo Match Flashcard Game
Song School Spanish CD Track Info (PDF) This file contains all the track names and song lengths
Song School Spanish Coloring Pages Color a picture for each Spanish word in Song School Spanish. Also a great activity for younger siblings!
Song School Spanish Pronunciation Audio (Zipped MP3)
Song School Spanish Bonus Songs Extra bonus tracks to provide even more fun with your Spanish vocabulary