General Biology is a brilliant new text for high school biology that combines up-to-date science with a Christian worldview and the educational philosophy for which Novare is known. The book starts at the atomic level and progresses to ever larger scales: cells, genes, microorganisms, plants, animals, and human organ systems. The final chapters survey ecology and the theory of evolution. Read our FAQ to learn more about how we approach the subject of evolution.
Full program includes:
- General Biology Like all Novare texts, mastery-based learning methods are an essential part of this book, propelling students not only to learn but to substantially retain the content for years after completing the course. Additional standard Novare features include Learning Objectives at the beginning of every chapter, exercises that call for both clear articulation of thoughts and full-sentence answers, and an organization of topics that steadily builds chapter by chapter.
- Digital Resources for General Biology These documents to help the teacher conduct class include a course overview, quizzes, semester exams, keys, and semester planning tools.
- The Apprentice's Companion to General Biology This manual is a student's resource for experiments to accompany General Biology. In addition to experiment instructions, it is a field manual and commonplace book with places for students to record observations, draw sketches, and more.
Optional Resources Available for Purchase
You may wish to purchase the following optional resources to further supplement this course:
Grade Level: Grades 9-12
Course Length: Yearlong
SKU: GEN BIO BUNDLE
- General Biology
- Digital Resources for General Biology
- Experiments for General Biology