A yearlong course for grades 9 and up
Latin Alive! Book 3 (Student Edition) includes lessons on Roman culture, myths, and history, as well as Latin readings and exercises that will prepare students for the National Latin Exam and an Advanced Placement Latin course. It also features original Latin writings.
- 16 biweekly chapters, each beginning with the Latin motto of a college or university, divided into 3 units.
- Every chapter includes at least one reading, with an explanation of the phrases in the reading, a glossary, and comprehension questions.
- Each unit ends with a unit reading (longer than the chapter readings) that includes some history on the piece, information on Latin literature, and a multiple-choice question section to check comprehension.
- The last unit includes readings and lessons on original Latin poetry and historical information about Latin poets.
- There are several appendices, including a pronunciation guide, reference charts, a guide to abbreviations, a list of noun cases and their common uses, and worksheets on parsing, declining, and conjugating.
- Grammar includes more in-depth study of the subjunctive mood, irregular nouns, noun and verb reviews, the gerund and gerundive, impersonal verbs, conditional statements, and a study of different kinds of clauses (purpose, result, doubting, fearing).
- The Latin Alive! Book 3 Teacher’s Edition includes the entire content of the student edition as well as translations, extensive teacher's notes, and unit test reviews and unit tests.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and product resources.
Dimensions: 8.5in x 11in
Karen Moore, Author
Gaylan DuBose MA, Author