Chemistry for Accelerated Students is an ideal text for students who love science and aspire to a STEM-oriented college program. This book contains up-to-date chemistry information, beautiful illustrations, and lucid narrative. It also supports Novare's trademark mastery-learning paradigm. This accelerated text is a more intense treatment than our General Chemistry text. This text includes additional chapters on thermochemistry, chemical equilibrium, and a glimpse into organic chemistry. Ample exercises are included in each chapter giving students plenty of opportunities to develop skills. Explanations move along a little faster and go into a little more depth than the grade-level text. Although the mathematics involved in chemistry are generally not advanced, Chemistry for Accelerated Students is recommended for students who are concurrently enrolled in Algebra II. You can choose from our two Chemistry Experiments manuals for either school laboratory use or home-based contexts without access to standard lab fixtures.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that students have a prior course in physics before using this book. It is assumed that important skills and concepts are already grasped before using this text. If you want to use this text but have not had the physics foundation, you can use The Novare Chemistry Supplement to get you up to speed. It is a 25-page primer of fundamental learning that this text takes for granted that students already know.
Full program includes:
- Chemistry for Accelerated Students, 2nd Edition Chemistry for Accelerated Students is an ideal text for students who love science and aspire to enter a STEM-oriented college program. This book contains up-to-date chemistry information, beautiful illustrations, and a lucid narrative. This accelerated text presents a more intense treatment of than the material covered in the General Chemistry text and includes additional chapters on thermochemistry, chemical equilibrium, and a glimpse into organic chemistry.
- Digital Resources for Chemistry for Accelerated Students These documents to help the teacher conduct class include a course overview, quizzes, chapter tests, semester exams, keys, weekly review guides, and more.
- Solutions Manual to Accompany Chemistry for Accelerated Students This book contains fully detailed solutions for all of the computational problems contained in the Chemistry for Accelerated Students, 2nd Edition textbook.
- Chemistry Experiments for High School at Home This student manual is designed to help conduct 18 top-quality chemistry experiments at home or any school where standard lab facilities are not available. Equipment and procedures accommodate limited facilities without losing the essential educational value. This book has low-cost alternatives to expensive equipment and recommendations for procuring small quantities of chemicals.
Optional Resources Available for Purchase
You may wish to purchase the following optional resources to further supplement this course:
- Novare Chemistry Supplement
- The Student Lab Report Handbook, 2nd Edition
- From Wonder to Mastery: A Transformative Model for Science Education
Chemistry Experiments for High School - for schools with lab facilities
If you need to order the charter school version of this program, please visit this page.
The following items are included in this bundle:
Digital Resources for Chemistry for Accelerated Studentsincludes assessment documentation and course planning resources necessary for the administration of this course, whether in a homeschool sett... Learn more
This Solutions Manual contains the mathematical steps for solving calculation problems in the chapter exercises of Chemistry for Accelerated Students. It is a useful supplement for students in ho... Learn more