- File List
- About Ambrose School
If you have already purchased a ClassicalU subscription, you can view any of these files for free! To download and edit the files, purchase is required. This page is for purchasing only the Grades 7–12 Letters (Great Books) section of the Ambrose Curriculum Guide. To buy the K–12 guide in full, please click here. To buy individual grade levels or disciplines, please click here.
Purchase the Grades 7–12 Letters (Great Books) section of the Ambrose Curriculum Guide separately! These 132 documents serve as a guide to the Great Books/humane letters and the core ideas that inform the Great Conversation, striving to teach a worldview that reunites faith and reason and gives students access to the vocabulary and thoughts of the great thinkers and writers of our past. These letters are often taught as part of an upper-school literature, history, philosophy, or theology course. These source sheets (objectives) include for each book: student objectives, focused passages, questions for discussion in the context of the course as a whole and also individual topics (vices/virtues, religion, worldview, government, etc.), and lists of connections to art, music, history, scripture, history, philosophy, and other works of literature.
Each downloadable section will also contain:
- Read Me Documents (PDFs): Welcome Letter, Ambrose Curriculum Guide Overview, and Rights & Permissions
- Sample Daily Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Rubrics, Templates & Other Materials (Zip File): contains a Hymn of the Month Two-Year Rotation, Persuasive Writing and Thesis Presentation & Defense Rubrics, Thesis Rubric: Written Essay, Curriculum Roadmap, House System, Required Unit Lesson Plan Template, Socratic Evaluation and Method Sheet, and Source Works Teacher’s Guide Template
- Microsoft Word zip files containing the segment(s) purchased
What Are the Other Purchasing Options for the Ambrose Curriculum Guide?
The Ambrose Curriculum Guide can also be purchased in the following breakdowns:
- By Grade (K–6) / By Discipline (7–12): $99.95*
- By Section (Lower School or Upper School): $629.95
- Entire K–12 Guide: $1,054.95 (38.5% savings)
Note: Once purchased, a digital Microsoft Word version of the purchased segment will be added to your My Library user account for you to download. These Microsoft Word files can be overwritten, modified, and otherwise changed to fit the particular needs and circumstances of your school, co-op, or homeschool.* You can even drop in your school or co-op crest in the upper left-hand corner!
*The bottom of each document contains the following copyright text, which must be kept: “Copyright © 2017 Classical Academic Press and The Ambrose School. This document may be used and modified by the purchasing organization only; any other use is strictly prohibited." To read more about copyright and permissions for this product, please click here.
E-book – PDF
Access available through My Library.