- About the Author
A yearlong course for grades 4 and up
Understandable, engaging, creative, and in-depth, the Greek for Children Primer A Program will introduce your students to Koine Greek. Why Greek? Like Latin, Koine Greek will aid students in critical thinking and help them to develop a strong understanding of grammar. Many English words are derived from ancient Greek, and students will especially see the benefits of learning Greek when studying science and medicine. Last, but hardly least, Koine Greek is the language of the New Testament, and the study of the original language will gradually unveil the richness, depth, and beauty of the New Testament message.
Full program includes:
- Greek for Children Primer A (consumable student edition) This book contains 32 weekly chapters, including 4 chapters on the Greek alphabet and 5 review chapters. Each chapter begins with a memory page, presenting the chant and vocabulary for the week’s lesson. Clear explanations of grammar are integrated into every chapter and written at the student’s reading level. Weekly worksheets and quizzes help students practice and retain vocabulary and grammar concepts.
- Greek for Children Primer A Answer Key This teacher’s tool features the actual, full-size pages from the primer, with answers to quizzes, exercises, and worksheets in bold print.
- Greek for Children Primer A Streaming Video & Audio (or 4-DVD & 1-CD Set) With this video, your students will receive a one-on-one learning experience. They will enjoy learning with author Dr. Christopher Perrin as he teaches each chapter from Greek for Children Primer A, presenting clear, whiteboard grammar lessons given from a cozy office. Each lesson (average 20 minutes) corresponds to the weekly chapter in the student edition and features the chanting and singing of vocabulary and paradigms, along with clear grammatical explanations by Dr. Perrin. The actual text from the book appears on the screen as the material is presented, making it easy for students to follow along. This smooth, clear introduction to Greek will set your students on their way to learning Greek and reading the Greek New Testament. The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. For Homeschoolers, streaming access lasts for the life of the product. Returning school customers continue receiving streaming access at no annual cost when student editions are purchased by October 31st.
"My 12-year-old daughter begged all summer to start Greek this year. We have loved Latin for Children very, very much and so I knew that we would go with Greek for Children—but I had her start with the Greek Code Cracker book so that she has the alphabet down by the time she starts GFC in December. By day 3 she already had the Greek alphabet memorized and has been transliterating all of her journaling into Greek!" —Amanda, homeschool mom
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
Greek for Children Primer A Pronunciation Audio These zipped MP3 files provide chapter-by-chapter pronunciation for each memory page (which includes the chapter verse, chant, and vocabulary). Please note: the zipped file is 125 MB and may take several minutes to download. MP3 files can be used with most popular music players, such as iTunes. For help installing the files on iTunes, see this page.
Greek for Children Primer A Flash Cards These flash cards are keyed to the vocabulary in Greek for Children Primer A. Decks are split into two different decks (Greek and English) so that you can print them separately or on the backs of each other (single-sided or double-sided). Greek Flash Cards - English Flash Cards
Greek Alphabet Coloring Pages (PDF) Color a picture for each Greek letter! Also a great activity for younger siblings!
Dr. Christopher Perrin, MDiv, PhDDr. Christopher Perrin is an author, consultant, and speaker who specializes in classical education. He is committed to the renewal of the liberal arts tradition. He cofounded and serves full-time as the CEO/publisher at Classical Academic Press, a classical education curriculum, media, and consulting company. Christopher is also a consultant to charter, public, private, and Christian schools across the country. He is the director at the Alcuin Fellowship with the Institute for Classical Schools and the former board vice president of the Society for Classical Learning. He has published numerous articles and lectures that are widely used throughout the United States and the English-speaking world.Christopher received his BA in history from the University of South Carolina and his MDiv and PhD in apologetics from Westminster Theological Seminary. He was also a special student in literature at St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland. He has taught at Messiah College and Chesapeake Theological Seminary, and served as the founding headmaster of a classical school in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for ten years. He is the author of The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker and Greek for Children and the coauthor of the Latin for Children series, all published by Classical Academic Press.
Grade Level: Grades 4 and up
Course Length: Yearlong
- Greek for Children Primer A (Student Edition)
- Greek for Children Primer A Answer Key
- Greek for Children Primer A Video & Audio (streaming or DVD/CD Set)