HISTORY - Grade: 3–6
The Curious Historian
The Curious Historian
The Curious Historian Level 1 is the first part in a 4-level series that presents the study of history and culture from the beginnings of civilization (Mesopotamia and Egypt) through the Scientific and Industrial Revolutions of the modern world. Students will grow excited about history, see how people throughout the ages were both similar to and different from themselves, and learn to be scholars of the past who can make a difference in the future.
Explore The Curious Historian
Support for The Curious Historian: Teacher Resources and Extras
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Suggested Weekly Schedule (PDF)
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Suggested Yearlong Schedule (PDF)
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Introduction to Teachers Audio (Mp3)
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Bonus Activity Answers (PDF) - Coming Soon!
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Quizzes (PDF) and Answer Key (PDF)
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Song Lyrics (PDF)
- The Curious Historian & God’s Great Covenant Series Overlap Chart (PDF)
- Go Deeper Resources for The Curious Historian Level 1A (PDF)
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Cuneiform English Alphabet Chart (PDF)
- The Curious Historian Level 1A Hieroglyphic English Alphabet Chart (PDF)
The Curious Historian Series Structure
There will be 4 levels in The Curious Historian series, each consisting of 2 semester-long texts. The Curious Historian Level 1A: The Early & Middle Bronze Ages will be published this spring, and The Curious Historian Level 1B: The Late Bronze & Iron Ages will be released in the fall.
The 4 levels will cover the following eras:
Level 1: The Ancient World (Available 2021)
Book 1A: The Early & Middle Bronze Ages (the Egyptians and Mesopotamians) – Spring 2021
Book 1B: The Late Bronze & Iron Ages (the Egyptians, Phoenicians, Israelites, Assyrians, Persians, etc.) – Fall 2021
Level 2: The Classical World (Estimated Completion 2022)
Book 2A: Greece and the Classical World (Classical and Hellenistic Eras; the Far East) – Estimated Spring 2022
Book 2B: Rome and the Classical World (the Republic and Empire; the Far East) – Estimated Fall 2022
Level 3: The Medieval World (Estimated Completion 2023)
Book 3A: The Early Middle Ages (Migration Era and the Viking Age) – Estimated Spring 2023
Book 3B: The Late Middle Ages (Crusades and the High Middle Ages) – Estimated Fall 2023
Level 4: The Modern World (Estimated Completion 2024)
Book 4A: The Early Modern Era (Age of Discovery; Reformation and Enlightenment) – Estimated Spring 2024
Book 4B: The Modern Era (Age of “Revolutions”: Industrial, Scientific, and Political) – Estimated Fall 2024
The Curious Historian Series Features
• Robust history curriculum with teacher support, supplemental resources, lively songs, and much more
• Well-organized, chronological, and engaging narrative that fosters a love of history and helps students draw connections between ancient and modern civilization
• Beautiful full-color text filled with rich details, historical time lines, and imagery of artifacts and artwork
• Integration of history, culture, and geography
• Wealth of exercises, hands-on projects and activities, and appendices
Have More Questions?
Visit our FAQ page to find more answers to common questions about The Curious Historian.
Our Commitment to Classical Education Stretches Beyond Curriculum
Click on the images to learn more about our other featured services!
Classical Education Blog