Now there is a Spanish program suited to the energy, developmental level, and fun-loving nature of your early-elementary (1st-3rd grade) students! Song School Spanish Book 1 is patterned after our best-selling Song School Latin curriculum and features weekly lessons peppered with songs/chants, enjoyable vocabulary, illustrations, handwriting practice, stories, games, and activities. A small amount of grammar is introduced mildly throughout the book, with the focus on relevant, everyday vocabulary to engage young students. Students who learn from Song School Spanish Book 1 will love learning Spanish and will be more than prepared to continue their studies with the Spanish for Children series.
Spanish Amigo Match 1 Flashcard Game is a reinforcing game featuring all the vocabulary from Song School Spanish Book 1. In groups or individually, students can play Memory or Go Fish by collecting Spanish and English matches. The cards can also be used as flash cards for extra practice. Each card lists the corresponding chapter number from Song School Spanish Book 1. (Note: Review chapters do not have cards.)
- Over 100 Spanish words, each with a matching English translation card
- More than 250 cards total!
- Directions for 3 different games: Memory, Go Fish, and Carrot Top (the Song School Spanish Book 1 version of Old Maid)
- Can be used as flash cards
- Includes 2 "Make Your Own" cards
- English cards feature fun and simple designs
- The deck is divided into 4 categories. Use the decks separately or play them all together!
- Red: Correlates to Song School Spanish Book 1 chapters 1-7
- Green: Correlates to Song School Spanish Book 1 chapters 8-15
- Blue: Correlates to Song School Spanish Book 1 chapters 16-22
- Orange: Correlates to Song School Spanish Book 1 chapters 24-30
Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns on opened copies.
- A Stable Beginning
- Lextin Eclectic
- The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew
- Jennifer Lambert
- Teach Beside Me
- Ordinary Happily
- Family, Faith & Fridays
- A Learning Journey
- Mason Moments
- My Joy-Filled Life
“My 2nd grader really enjoyed the activities, the worksheets, the songs . . . pretty much everything about this program! There was so much to like about this program. So much is done right!” —Jenni, homeschool mom and blogger
“I really like the Teacher’s Edition. It is very easy to use. It has the student book replicated with all of the answers filled in, but also includes directions on how to teach or help your child learn certain words and concepts, and also has extra games and things that you can do with your child to help him learn and remember what is being taught.” —Tim, homeschool dad and blogger
“I have a great curriculum to share with you. The girls have been having the best time learning Spanish with Song School Spanish from Classical Academic Press. I think you’ll like it too! We love this curriculum, and I was so very happy to discover that the program continues into the older grades, so we can continue with the same company. My girls are having fun with the lessons, and the material is challenging without being too heavy. . . . Satisfied customers right here. :)” —Laurie’s School Days
Grade Level: Grades 1-3
- 268 cards