French for Children Primer A Program Samples
A yearlong course for grades 4-7
This classical, beautiful, and widely spoken language will be a treasure for children to learn. There is a distinction, however, between just learning common words and phrases, which is the approach of many French programs, and knowing the language well enough to communicate fluently and accurately. French for Children Primer A teaches elementary students in grades 4 and up this dynamic language, both classically and creatively, at a time when students soak up language like a sponge. This book employs the pedagogy and structure of our popular Latin for Children series combined with immersion-style dialogues and vocabulary so that the French language will be taught well and thoroughly. The French for Children series emphasizes grammar and the parts of speech as vital tools for correctly speaking and understanding French. The text also uses lively chants to aid memorization of both grammar and vocabulary.
Full program includes:
- French for Children Primer A This student workbook is easy to use, incremental, and filled with clear grammatical explanations written expressly for the student’s grade level. The primer also includes exercises, tests, and a useful reference section. Lessons teach mnemonic aids (songs and chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight.
- French for Children Primer A Answer Key This teacher’s tool features actual, full-size pages from the primer, with answers to quizzes, exercises, and worksheets in bold print.
- French for Children Primer A Streaming Video & Audio (or 7-DVD & 1-CD Set) The French for Children Primer A video features master French teacher and author Joshua Kraut. Bring this valuable resource into your classroom to teach your students directly, or use it to privately prepare yourself to teach the lessons. Each lesson (40–50 minutes) corresponds to the weekly chapter of French for Children Primer A and has three segments: vocabulary, grammar, and conversational French. The audio chants feature all of the pronunciations from the Pronunciation Wizard as well as the dialogues, lively grammar chart chants, complete vocabulary, Conversation Journal words and phrases, Say It Aloud exercises, dicteés, and more! The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. Streaming access lasts for the life of the product.
See the Support tab above for schedule recommendations and complimentary audio files featuring the Pronunciation Wizard, dialogues, Say It Aloud exercises, and dicteés.
French for Children Primer A Audio Files (Zipped MP3) These complimentary files feature the Pronunciation Wizard, dialogues, Say It Aloud exercises, and dicteés. These files do not include the grammar chart chants, complete vocabulary, or Conversation Journal words and phrases.
Grade Level: Grades 4-7
Course Length: Yearlong
- French for Children Primer A (Student Edition)
- French for Children Primer A Answer Key
- French for Children Primer A Video & Audio (streaming or DVD/CD Set)