Did you ever believe that there would be a Latin program that would match the energy, developmental level, and fun-loving nature of your youngest students? Song School Latin does just that. Lessons are peppered with songs, enjoyable vocabulary, illustrations, handwriting practice, stories, games, and engaging activities. Children will love learning Latin! Full program includes:
- Song School Latin Book 1 (student edition) with 30 Songs and Chants on included CD An interactive workbook text with fun activities, 31 weekly lessons, including review chapters, 100+ everyday vocabulary words, and a very gentle introduction to Latin grammar.
- Song School Latin Book 1 Teacher’s Edition This teacher’s edition includes the full content of the Song School Latin Book 1 student edition, as well as extra reproducible activity pages per chapter, answer keys, additional teacher’s notes, and fun ideas for interactive classroom activities.
- Song School Latin Book 1 DVD Set 24 episodes feature a lively magistra (teacher) who narrates the vocabulary practice, simple grammar lessons, and derivative training. Simeon the Monkey features vocabulary words in his animated story. There is also an animated derivative “river,” which highlights the way in which Latin words have come into various languages.
- Latin Monkey Match Flashcard Game Latin Monkey Match Flash Cards features all the vocabulary from Song School Latin Book 1. In groups or individually, students can play Memory or Go Fish by collecting Latin and English matches. Cards can also be used as flash cards for extra practice. Each card lists the corresponding chapter number from Song School Latin.
Grade Level: Grades 1-2
- Song School Latin Book 1 (Student Edition)
- Song School Latin Book 1 Teacher’s Edition
- Song School Latin Book 1 DVD Set
- Latin Monkey Match 1 Flashcard Game
“ A six-year-old boy’s favorite part of school is Latin? Want to know why? We’re using Song School Latin. We love this curriculum. I cannot recommend this book enough for the family who wants to gently introduce their early elementary student to Latintly introduce their early elementary student to Latin. ” Product Review by Amy Stults, Heart of the Matter Online
“ Classical Academic Press seems to have a knack for producing materials that are academically sound and very user-friendly for both parent teachers and students. Song School Latin does not disappoint. One of the appealing aspects of the program is the common, practical applications of Latin to children’s everyday life. Even though I have no formal background in Latin, I am so excited to begin the program with my son who will be starting kindergarten in the fall. ” Product review by Nancy Casari Dayton, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, April 2008
“ My children loved Song School Latin so much that they begged me to get Song School Greek. Even my three year old is picking up Latin words. It’s a wonderful introduction and well worth every penny. ” Laura, Facebook Fan
“ We love Song School Latin! My boys, ages 4 and 7 beg to do their Latin. This program is fabulous! ” Aundrea, Facebook Fan
“ Thank you! My daughter just loves the Song School Latin and you have made teaching easier on me! ” Heather, Facebook Fan
“ My kids love Song School Latin because it’s fun (and the songs are funny!). I love Song School Latin because it has been a gentle introduction to Latin for my 9-year-old and my 6-year-old has joined right in. The kids play go fish with their Latin Monkey Match cards and love to sing along with the lesson’s songs. ” Erica, Facebook Fan
“ I originally only planned to teach my daughter Latin this year but when my son saw how much fun Song School Latin was he wanted to learn too! ” Khristin, Facebook Fan
“ After using another program for my 3 oldest, we found Latin for Children. Being a mother of a large family (teaching 9 right now) I needed something that would walk me through it and become independent learning for the kids. After doing all three, we made the transition to Latin Alive, and I am rarely needed to help. The translation is great. My younger kids did Song School Latin and call it “Monkey Latin”. The music makes learning so much more pleasant. ” Patty, Facebook Fan
“ After reading about the harsh conditions of growing up in ancient Sparta, I asked my 5 yr. old (studying Song School Latin) how he would like to have grown up there. He replied, “I’d be pessime’d Mom.” I’m not sure I like mixing English slang with Latin, but at least he’s incorporating his Latin vocabulary into every day conversations! ” Betty, Facebook Fan
“ My three boys, ages 4, 5, and 7, LOVE Song School Latin. it’s probably their favorite subject! ” Elizabeth, Facebook Fan