A one-semester course for grades 4 or 5 and up
This curriculum is designed for teachers and students to actively engage with each other and with the grammatical concepts in each lesson, using language skills—reading, writing, speaking, and listening—along with physical movement, songs, and chants. Through Well-Ordered Language’s unique, creative, and orderly method of analyzing the grammatical functions of the parts of speech, students will find the mastery of grammar achievable, meaningful, and delightful.
Full program includes:
- Well-Ordered Language Level 2A (Student Edition) Students will not merely be able to identify the parts of a sentence, but also understand how words behave in a sentence. As students see the components of language (the parts of speech) unfold before them throughout the Well-Ordered Language series, they will be able to apply their knowledge, gathering and arranging words to express their thoughts clearly and accurately. Well-Ordered Language Level 2A (WOL 2A) will introduce students to:
- Four kinds of sentences (declarative, interrogatory, imperative, exclamatory) and principal elements
- Predicate verbs and direct objects
- Predicate nominatives
- Predicate adjectives
- Predicate review
- Possessive nouns
- Well-Ordered Language Level 2A Teacher’s Edition The teacher’s edition includes the entire student text and also features:
- Pedagogical guidance and tips embedded in the text and collected in an appendix
- Extensive explanation of and guidance in Well-Ordered Language’s unique analytic approach to grammar and diagramming sentences
- Suggested activities and games for review
- Answers for all student exercises
- Suggested schedules for teaching Well-Ordered Language Level 2A
- The Well-Ordered Language Level 2 Songs & Chants (for 1-3 students) are lively tunes and chants that will help students learn grammar terms in a pleasurable and memorable way. These unique and delightful recordings feature a blend of musical genres and implement repetition, chanting, and sing-along phrases to aid in achieving memorization. You will likely find students singing these catchy songs outside of class! The songs and chants are also an excellent resource for those who want to brush up on their grammar. The 13 tracks cover all of the grammar terms used in Well-Ordered Language 2A and 2B. A downloadable PDF of the song titles and lyrics is also available at no charge.
Note: The songs & chants license that comes with this purchase is for 1–3 students and is copyrighted material. Special co-op and school licensing options for 4 or more students are available for purchase. Please call us at 866-730-0711 or email us at orders(at)classicalsubjects.com to upgrade your license.
Note: The audio product is offered as a ZIP file containing individual MP3 files. MP3 files can be used with most popular music players, such as iTunes. For help installing the files on iTunes, see this page.
Grade Level: Grades 4-5
Course Length: Semester
- Well-Ordered Language Level 2A (Student Edition)
- Well-Ordered Language Level 2A Teacher’s Edition
- Well-Ordered Language Level 2A & 2B Songs & Chants