Note: Revised version 4.0 text (2020) is available now! Please see compatibility notes at the bottom of this page.
A yearlong course for students in grades 6-7
Latin for Children Primer C is the third and final level in the Latin for Children series. Like Primer A and Primer B before it, Latin for Children Primer C is engaging, incremental, and easy to use. Students will learn more than 250 new vocabulary words and study more advanced grammar concepts, including fourth and fifth noun declensions and additional verb tenses, adjectives, and adverbs. Lessons include a plethora of mnemonic aids (songs, chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight. Exercises, quizzes, a thrilling adventure story, and a useful reference section are also included. The primer provides clear explanations of grammar in every chapter, written at the student’s level, making it a perfect choice for teachers, students, and parents!
Latin for Children Primer C, now printed in full color, has been enhanced with beautiful illustrations as well as images and paintings from the Golden Age of Pirates. An exciting adventure story has also been added. Students will follow Marcus and Julia as they try to rescue their beloved island hometown after it is invaded by a dangerous group of pirates. The chapter-by-chapter Latin grammar sequence remains the same as previous versions. Students will love studying Latin even more as they use this newly revised and improved edition.
- Workbook format, 32 chapters (grammar taught in each chapter remains the same as prior versions)
- Clear explanations of grammar in every chapter, written directly to the student
- Weekly worksheets and quizzes included
- Useful reference section provided
- Students learn more than 250 high-frequency Latin words
- Classical and/or ecclesiastical pronunciation
- Professional, classical layout and design
- Widely used Latin series among classical schools, charter schools, and homeschools
- Free resources available at ClassicalAcademicPress.com, including worksheets, printable flash cards, and free “Ask the Magister” help
- FlashDash, the speedy flash card quiz game, available for free in My Library when you set up an account
- After completing Latin for Children Primer C (the last in the series), students will be ready to continue their Latin studies with Latin Alive! Book 1.
Revised and continually sharpened since 2001, the award-winning Latin for Children curriculum continues to be a strong, inviting, and creative program designed to introduce students as young as 4th grade to Latin. The series trains students in Latin grammar and vocabulary as well as English derivatives in a lively, interactive way that is perfectly suited to students in the upper-grammar stage. The Latin for Children series is taught directly to the child and is a perfect choice for teachers and parents, including those who will be learning along with their students.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and product resources.
This is a consumable item. For more information on this product's copyright, please refer to our General FAQ section here.
Note: Old editions of the primer and answer key are not compatible with this newly revised edition (though the grammar is taught in the same sequence). The teaching video (DVD or streaming), activity book, and history reader are still compatible with either version.
Dimensions: 4in x 5in
Christopher Perrin MDiv, PhD, Author
Aaron G. Larsen DA, Author