A yearlong course for grades 1-3
The Song School Greek Program is a lively and gentle introduction to Koine Greek—the language of the New Testament. One of the mother tongues of the English language, Greek is also a perfectly orderly language, ideal to help us understand the structure of any language and learn how a language works. This program is an excellent prequel to our grammar-based, upper-elementary Greek for Children series.
Full program includes:
- Song School Greek (consumable student edition) Each of the 32 weekly lessons includes songs, fun vocabulary, illustrations, handwriting practice, stories, games, and activities. Enjoyable, everyday vocabulary is introduced in each lesson to encourage and engage young students. A lively musical CD is included with the book and features the vocabulary from each chapter.
- Song School Greek Teacher’s Edition Are you concerned about teaching Greek? In addition to the full content of the Song School Greek student text, the Song School Greek Teacher’s Edition includes answer keys, teaching suggestions, and an instructional streaming video for parents and teachers that will teach you the basics of the language. You can do it!
- Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game With these cards, students can search for Greek and English matches, collect pairs, test their memory, play in groups, or play by themselves! This fun card game will sharpen their Greek skills. With over 135 Greek words, these cards contain all the vocabulary from Song School Greek. Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game can be used to play matching games such as Memory and Go Fish, and can also be used as flash cards for extra practice.
Q: Can I purchase a second student edition without the CD for my other students/children?
A: Unfortunately, no. Because we print such large quantities of the student edition with the CD included, we would actually have to charge more for a version without a CD if we did a small print run.
"My 1st grader was so enthusiastic about Song School Latin that, when she saw Song School Greek, she demanded to learn it, too!" —Donna, homeschool mom
"We have used Latin for Children for 3 years and are now also trying Song School Greek. We just now found Headventure Land, and the boys think it is fun. Love the idea of making Latin and Greek fun for kids. Thank you so much!" —Shari, homeschool mom
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
Greek Alphabet Coloring Pages (PDF) Color a picture for each Greek letter. Also a great activity for younger siblings!
Song School Greek Errata (PDF)
Grade Level: Grades 1-3
Course Length: Yearlong
- Song School Greek (Student Edition)
- Song School Greek Teacher's Edition
- Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game
Digital content for this product available on My Library!