Korean Edition: This edition is fully translated into Korean.
This 48-page booklet is an ideal introduction to classical education that traces the history of classical education and describes its modern renaissance. The booklet also highlights the distinctive elements of the movement, including its emphasis on teaching grammar, logic, and rhetoric (the trivium); the role and benefits of classical language study; and the extraordinary achievements of students who are receiving a classical education. This engaging and conversational booklet includes anecdotes, diagrams, and charts, and is especially recommended to parents just beginning their examination of classical education. An unabridged, 80-minute audio book, read by the author, is also available.
- Concise but significant introduction to classical education
- Clear definition and historical overview of classical education
- Descriptions of the modern renaissance in classical education
- Examples of student achievements around the country
- Helpful anecdotes, diagrams, and charts
- Unabridged audio book also available
International Versions: As the classical education movement continues to grow, the need for resources in multiple languages has also increased. We are thrilled to be able to offer An Introduction to Classical Education: A Guide for Parents in the following languages:
- English PDF (also available to purchase as a printed booklet here)
- Chinese PDF
- Korean printed booklet
Note: The PDF versions are complimentary, and we encourage you to share them with a friend or use them on your school’s website. We ask that you please credit Classical Academic Press and the author, Dr. Christopher Perrin, when sharing or linking to the PDF.
What is the difference between Introduction to Classical Education and Discover Classical Christian Education?
Introduction to Classical Education
- Much substantial information
- A reading piece, incremental
- Recommended for a reader with deeper interest or previous exposure
- Graphical magazine layout
- Information presented in short “articles”
- Recommended for a fast, high-impact introduction to classical education
Dimensions: 5.5in x 8.5in
Christopher Perrin MDiv, PhD, Author