Latin for Children Primer C Program
$114.95 – $134.95
Latin for Children Primer C Program Samples
A yearlong course for students in grades 6-7
Latin for Children Primer C Program is the third and final program in the Latin for Children series. In it, grammar training continues, and students are encouraged to do more reading in Latin by following along with a story that runs throughout the text.
Full program includes:
- Latin for Children Primer C (consumable student edition and workbook) Primer C, like its predecessors, Primers A and B, is engaging, incremental, and creative. Exercises, quizzes, and a sizable and useful reference section are included. Lessons include a plethora of mnemonic aids (songs, chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight.
- Latin for Children Primer C Answer Key This teacher’s tool features actual, full-size pages from Latin for Children Primer C, with answers to quizzes, exercises, and worksheets in bold print.
- Latin for Children Primer C Streaming Video & Audio (or 3-DVD & 2-CD Set) Imagine having an experienced Latin teacher walk right into your home or classroom and sit down to teach your students. With the Latin for Children Primer C Video, your students will be receiving just that kind of one-on-one learning experience. This is an incredible tool! The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. Streaming access lasts for the life of the product.
- Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book! (consumable) This interactive book follows Latin for Children Primer C chapter by chapter to enhance the practice of Latin vocabulary and grammar. With over 100 pages of games, puzzles, and fun, this book makes mastery of a classic language a blast! Students will experience a Latin meteor strike, a shattering earthquake, have a backyard BBQ, enter into a water fight, play the tuba, investigate a crime scene, execute Hollywood special effects, charm snakes, help find stolen museum artwork, and more—all while studying Latin!
- Latin for Children Primer C History Reader (consumable) Latin students continue to translate and read a selection of simple Latin stories at their own level. The stories are integrated with the grammar and vocabulary of Latin for Children Primer C, correspond with the Veritas Press History Card series, and feature stories of the New World explorers and early American history. The History Reader contains glosses for new words in each chapter and a full glossary at the end of the book.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and product resources.
- Only Passionate Curiosity (full-color edition)
- Cathy Duffy Reviews (full-color editions)
- HomeSchool Reviews
- Unexpected Homeschool
- Learning Tangent Homeschool Magazine
- The Curriculum Choice
- Exodus Books
- Joy in the Ordinary
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
“I have been teaching with the new [full-color] Primer A this year and I love it! The students seem to enjoy the color and graphics. It really is beautiful! I also really like the ‘Appian Way’ story, and my students enjoy reading it together. It is a great way to reinforce vocabulary. I will be using it exclusively in my classes going forward.” —Kelly, Wilson Hill Academy Latin teacher
“I am using your Latin for Children Primer A and having a blast! We’re at chapter 15 and ready to start translating . . . Amazing! Great stuff. Thanks so much for the countless hours you spent creating these curricula. I do believe my kids are going to be lifelong language learners because of them!” —Kim, homeschool mom
“Your delivery of Latin for Children is both engaging and thorough. Your chants and songs are pleasant and upbeat and will appeal to a wide age range of students! We are looking forward to learning Latin with all of you!” —Britta, Morning Star Learning
I’m using your Latin for Children with my 9-year-old son. Let me just say how wonderful your program is, [and] I have looked at many. Your presentation makes it understandable. I have found nothing I think compares to it. He totally gets it.” —Wendy, homeschool mom
“We are entirely smitten with LFC, this being our second year. I am so pleased with the progress my eldest is making in Primer B, and equally delighted to hear everyone else down to the two-year-old chanting right along.” —Kendra, Preschoolers and Peace
“So many of the popular Latin programs are great if you already know Latin and can instruct the students in the grammar, but if you are attempting to learn the Latin along with your student using an elementary curriculum, then Latin for Children is definitely the one you should choose. It goes much deeper and more thoroughly into the grammar than any of the other elementary programs do. There is so much to like about this series.” —Beth, Beth’s Bookshop
“My 8-year-old daughter and I LOVE this Latin course. She is becoming a polyglot like me and we are having a wonderful bonding time together. This course is worth ten times what I’m paying for it. . . . She has begged me for the Greek and I told her we have to finish the Latin first.” —Sean, homeschool dad
“We love this program! Our kids find Dr. Perrin very engaging, and we all look forward to our Latin time each day. With the DVD, lessons, and fun activities, our learning seems almost effortless. My kids’ English vocabulary is also increasing as we progress through the program. Thanks so much!” —the Gant family
“My daughter loves the chants and songs. Moreover, the lessons on the DVD also capture her attention and reinforce my presentation of the material from the workbook. Since we have started your series, I have raved about it to fellow homeschoolers.” —Kevin, homeschool dad
“My son is starting a new school next fall, which is a year ahead of his old school in Latin. So, we are doing a whole year of Latin for Children this summer to keep him on track. The DVDs make it easy to teach, and our whole family is learning the chants on the CD. Even my 4-year-old is singing ‘Amo, Amas, Amat.'” —Ellen, homeschool mom
“I love Latin for Children & Latin Alive! I teach Latin in our co-op (middle and high school), and this is honestly the first curriculum I haven’t had to rewrite (or at least seriously tweak) in order to teach it. It’s all there, well written and fun to use. The kids love it, I love it, and I’ve seen the kids grow in understanding and application of the language.” —Jennifer, Latin teacher
“Latin for Children and Latin Alive! are challenging and thorough enough for the students, yet simple enough for a homeschool mom without a Latin background to implement. I’m seriously thinking about going back to school for a second degree (in classics) when my homeschooling days are over.” —Loretta, homeschool mom
“We are using Latin for Children with my older girls, and I love how my little one walks around singing the chants as well. 🙂 We are really enjoying it and LOVE the video!” —Genny, homeschool mom
“After using another program for my 3 oldest, we found Latin for Children. Being a mother of a large family (teaching 9 right now), I needed something that would walk me through it and become independent learning for the kids. After doing all three, we made the transition to Latin Alive, and I am rarely needed to help. The translation is great.” —Patty, homeschool mom
“I started teaching Latin to my 11- and 8-year-old daughters last fall using an established curriculum. It is a well-structured and robust program but my children grew to despise Latin every day. It was dry and laborious. I knew Latin would require discipline to learn but it was unpleasant to say the least. We took a break for a few weeks as I started researching other options. I came across your program through my research and decided to check you out at a recent homeschool convention. I decided to take the plunge and purchase your LFC Primer A Program. We are only on our second day and it is a completely different experience! The kiddos even asked to do it first today! They are humming their chants throughout the day. Truly amazing! Thank you for taking such an important and difficult subject and making it enjoyable for children. I can’t wait to continue through the program with them and watch their knowledge and love for Latin grow! My deepest gratitude!” —Rachel, homeschool mom
“Last year I taught two classes of Latin Alive (Latin Alive 1 and 2). Most of my Latin Alive 1 students had completed at least one or two years of Latin for Children. I was so impressed with the Latin knowledge they came into my class with! We were able to move much more quickly. This year, when I began looking for new curriculum for my 5th and 6th grade Latin students, I immediately started looking into using Latin for Children. I would love to give my students the core Latin knowledge that I saw in my past students!”
—Marley, middle school Latin teacher
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
How to Teach Latin (PDF) 16 pages on teaching Latin for Children for school teachers
Suggested Weekly Schedule (PDF) Suggestions for a weekly schedule using the full program
HeadventureLand.com is the place to go for exciting, fun, and sometimes downright silly ways to practice Latin. Students will play games for high scores, read funny stories, and watch exciting bilingual (“spliced”) video adventures. The site includes several free activities for Latin for Children Primer C. These all correspond with what they are learning in Latin for Children Primer C. HeaventureLand.com will require students to use their intellect and imagination at once. Learning a new skill or subject is always a journey full of discoveries and it can be a great joy when children are ready to jump in. Students will ask for this homework!
Basic Latin Charts! (PDF) Colorful charts display the five noun declensions and the verb endings for present, imperfect, future, perfect, pluperfect, and future perfect tenses. Each chart also lists the related Latin for Children and Latin Alive! chapters. A helpful resource for any Latin student!
Interactive Latin Charts! (PDF) These black and white Latin charts are easy to print, color, and cut out. Once cut, the charts provide an excellent hands-on approach to practicing all five noun declensions and verb endings for present, imperfect, future, perfect, pluperfect, and future perfect tenses. Each chart also lists the related Latin for Children and Latin Alive! chapters.
Latin for Children Flash Cards (PDF) These flash cards are keyed to the vocabulary in their corresponding book. Decks are split into two different decks (for example: a Latin deck and the English deck) so that you can print them separately or on the backs of each other (single sided or double sided). Latin Flash Cards – English Flash Cards
Latin for Children Primer C Errata (PDF) for version 3.6 and prior versions
Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book Errata (PDF) for versions 2.3 and prior versions
Dr. Aaron Larsen currently teaches history, Latin, logic, and rhetoric at Regents School of Charlottesville in Virginia. He previously taught at two classical schools in Pennsylvania. In 2001, Dr. Larsen joined a team led by Dr. Christopher Perrin and two other colleagues to help form Classical Academic Press. The motivation behind this endeavor was to produce exceptional Latin and logic curricula for the classical education movement. The first results of this collaboration included the publication of their logic text, The Art of Argument, and the three-volume Latin for Children series. Aaron is also a coauthor of The Discovery of Deduction: An Introduction to Formal Logic.
Aaron received his BA in history, with minors in philosophy and education, from Covenant College in Georgia. He completed his coursework for his DA in modern world history from St. John’s University in New York and went on to write his doctoral thesis on the Meiji Restoration, which, as he likes to say, is “the most important event in world history that nobody’s ever heard of.”
Grade Level: Grades 6-7
Course Length: Yearlong
- Latin for Children Primer C (Student Edition)
- Latin for Children Primer C Answer Key
- Latin for Children Primer C History Reader
- Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book
- Latin for Children Primer C Video & Audio (streaming or DVD/CD Set)