Latin for Children Primer C Program Samples
Latin for Children Primer C Program is the third and final program in the Latin for Children series. In it, grammar training continues, and students are encouraged to do more reading in Latin by following along with a story that runs throughout the text.
Full program includes:
- Latin for Children Primer C (consumable student edition and workbook) Primer C, like its predecessors, Primers A and B, is engaging, incremental, and creative. Exercises, tests, and a sizable and useful reference section are included. Lessons include a plethora of mnemonic aids (songs, chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight.
- Latin for Children Primer C Answer Key This teacher’s tool features actual, full-size pages from Latin for Children Primer C, with answers to quizzes, exercises, and worksheets in bold print.
- Latin for Children Primer C Streaming Video & Audio (or 3-DVD & 2-CD Set) Imagine having an experienced Latin teacher walk right into your home or classroom and sit down to teach your students. With the Latin for Children Primer C Video, your students will be receiving just that kind of one-on-one learning experience. This is an incredible tool! The streaming option provides the convenience of instant access, as well as desktop, smart TV, and mobile viewing capabilities. Streaming access lasts for the life of the product.
- Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book! (consumable) This interactive book follows Latin for Children Primer C chapter by chapter to enhance the practice of Latin vocabulary and grammar. With over 100 pages of games, puzzles, and fun, this book makes mastery of a classic language a blast! Students will experience a Latin meteor strike, a shattering earthquake, have a backyard BBQ, enter into a water fight, play the tuba, investigate a crime scene, execute Hollywood special effects, charm snakes, help find stolen museum artwork, and more—all while studying Latin!
- Latin for Children Primer C History Reader (consumable) Latin students continue to translate and read a selection of simple Latin stories at their own level. The stories are integrated with the grammar and vocabulary of Latin for Children Primer C, correspond with the Veritas Press History Card series, and feature stories of the New World explorers and early American history. The History Reader contains glosses for new words in each chapter and a full glossary at the end of the book.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and product resources.
For placement recommendations and other questions, please see our FAQ page.
How to Teach Latin (PDF) 15 pages on teaching Latin for Children for school teachers.
Suggested Weekly Schedule (PDF) Suggestions for a weekly schedule using the Mastery Bundle.
HeadventureLand.com is the place to go for exciting, fun, and sometimes downright silly ways to practice Latin. Students will play games for high scores, read funny stories, and watch exciting bilingual (“spliced”) video adventures. The site includes several free activities for Latin for Children Primer C. These all correspond with what they are learning in Latin for Children Primer C. HeaventureLand.com will require students to use their intellect and imagination at once. Learning a new skill or subject is always a journey full of discoveries and it can be a great joy when children are ready to jump in. Students will ask for this homework!
Basic Latin Charts! (PDF) Colorful charts display the five noun declensions and the verb endings for present, imperfect, future, perfect, pluperfect, and future perfect tenses. Each chart also lists the related Latin for Children and Latin Alive! chapters. A helpful resource for any Latin student!
Interactive Latin Charts! (PDF) These black and white Latin charts are easy to print, color, and cut out. Once cut, the charts provide an excellent hands-on approach to practicing all five noun declensions and verb endings for present, imperfect, future, perfect, pluperfect, and future perfect tenses. Each chart also lists the related Latin for Children and Latin Alive! chapters.
Latin for Children Flash Cards (PDF) These flash cards are keyed to the vocabulary in their corresponding book. Decks are split into two different decks (for example: a Latin deck and the English deck) so that you can print them separately or on the backs of each other (single sided or double sided). Latin Flash Cards – English Flash Cards
Latin for Children Primer C Errata (PDF) for version 3.6 and prior versions
Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book Errata (PDF) for versions 2.3 and prior versions
Dr. Christopher Perrin is an author, consultant, and speaker who specializes in classical education. He is committed to the renewal of the liberal arts tradition. He cofounded and serves full-time as the CEO/publisher at Classical Academic Press, a classical education curriculum, media, and consulting company. Christopher is also a consultant to charter, public, private, and Christian schools across the country. He serves on the board of the Society for Classical Learning and as the director of the Alcuin Fellowship of classical educators. He has published numerous articles and lectures that are widely used throughout the United States and the English-speaking world.
Christopher received his BA in history from the University of South Carolina and his MDiv and PhD in apologetics from Westminster Theological Seminary. He was also a special student in literature at St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland. He has taught at Messiah College and Chesapeake Theological Seminary, and served as the founding headmaster of a classical school in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for ten years. He is the author of An Introduction to Classical Education, The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker, and Greek for Children, and the coauthor of the Latin for Children series, all published by Classical Academic Press.
Dr. Aaron Larsen currently teaches history, Latin, logic, and rhetoric at Regents School of Charlottesville in Virginia. He previously taught at two classical schools in Pennsylvania. In 2001, Dr. Larsen joined a team led by Dr. Christopher Perrin and two other colleagues to help form Classical Academic Press. The motivation behind this endeavor was to produce exceptional Latin and logic curricula for the classical education movement. The first results of this collaboration included the publication of their logic text, The Art of Argument, and the three-volume Latin for Children series. Aaron is also a coauthor of The Discovery of Deduction: An Introduction to Formal Logic.
Aaron received his BA in history, with minors in philosophy and education, from Covenant College in Georgia. He completed his coursework for his DA in modern world history from St. John’s University in New York and went on to write his doctoral thesis on the Meiji Restoration, which, as he likes to say, is “the most important event in world history that nobody’s ever heard of.”
Grade Level: Grades 6-7
Course Length: Yearlong
- Latin for Children Primer C (Student Edition)
- Latin for Children Primer C Answer Key
- Latin for Children Primer C History Reader
- Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book
- Latin for Children Primer C Video & Audio (streaming or DVD/CD Set)