- About the Author
- Bulk Pricing
* Please note: The Revised Edition of An Introduction to Classical Education will be released in May 2023. As a result, no returns or exchanges of this version will be accepted.
This 48-page booklet is an ideal introduction to classical education that traces the history of classical education and describes its modern renaissance. The booklet also highlights the distinctive elements of the movement, including its emphasis on teaching grammar, logic, and rhetoric (the trivium); the role and benefits of classical language study; and the extraordinary achievements of students who are receiving a classical education. This engaging and conversational booklet includes anecdotes, diagrams, and charts, and is especially recommended to parents just beginning their examination of classical education. An unabridged, 80-minute audio book, read by the author, is also available.
- Concise but significant introduction to classical education
- Clear definition and historical overview of classical education
- Descriptions of the modern renaissance in classical education
- Examples of student achievements around the country
- Helpful anecdotes, diagrams, and charts
- Unabridged audio book also available
Schools: Bulk pricing is available, see tab above. This booklet is ideal for parent nights, potential parents visiting your school, recruiting events, or marketing your classical school.
Customization (available for bulk orders of 300 or more): Can not be accommodated June through August. The front cover of this booklet can be customized with your school name, website address, and phone number or e-mail address. The charge for customization is $50 per order. Customized order requests should be submitted by e-mail or by phone at 866-730-0711 ext. 4.
What is the difference between Introduction to Classical Education and Discover Classical Christian Education?
Introduction to Classical Education
- Much substantial information
- A reading piece, incremental
- Recommended for a reader with deeper interest or previous exposure
Discover Classical Christian Education
- Graphical magazine layout
- Information presented in short “articles”
- Recommended for a fast, high-impact introduction to classical education
Dr. Christopher Perrin, MDiv, PhDDr. Christopher Perrin is an author, consultant, and speaker who specializes in classical education. He is committed to the renewal of the liberal arts tradition. He cofounded and serves full-time as the CEO/publisher at Classical Academic Press, a classical education curriculum, media, and consulting company. Christopher is also a consultant to charter, public, private, and Christian schools across the country. He is the director at the Alcuin Fellowship with the Institute for Classical Schools and the former board vice president of the Society for Classical Learning. He has published numerous articles and lectures that are widely used throughout the United States and the English-speaking world.Christopher received his BA in history from the University of South Carolina and his MDiv and PhD in apologetics from Westminster Theological Seminary. He was also a special student in literature at St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland. He has taught at Messiah College and Chesapeake Theological Seminary, and served as the founding headmaster of a classical school in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for ten years. He is the author of The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker and Greek for Children and the coauthor of the Latin for Children series, all published by Classical Academic Press.
Books Discount Price each 50–99 $1.00 $4.95 100–249 $1.50 $4.45 250+ $2.00 $3.95